Students who complete the minor in sustainability will be expected to:
- Articulate commonly accepted definitions of sustainability and discuss various nuances among those definitions;
- Have an understanding of the interdisciplinary nature of sustainability issues, particularly as they pertain to the thematic areas of knowledge addressed by the minor (sustainability of natural systems, sustainability of managed systems, sustainability of built systems, and sustainability of human social systems);
- Be conversant regarding acquisition and analysis of data pertinent to sustainability issues;
- Communicate orally and in writing organized thoughts defining sustainability issues;
- Identify appropriate potential strategies to address sustainability issues using data and provide results of rudimentary analyses of data using novel metrics or statistics;
- Make recommendations, based on data analysis and interpretation, to advance sustainability of individuals or institutions.